Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Potty Training

I was determined to have Claire potty trained before Harrison arrived; however, when we went for her 18 month check up the doctor told me I might want to wait until after he was born. Why? She said often times kids will regress with all the changes a new baby brings. So I decided to wait. I waited until Harrison was a week and a half old and decided it was time. When Claire woke up on the 29th, I asked her if she would like to wear big girl panties. "No mommy". I thought no big deal...what kid doesn't like to run around the house naked? Even though it was freezing outside, I decided to just roll with it. She ran around naked most of the day until I convinced her to get dressed because her grandparents were coming to visit.
Day 1 of potty training was a huge success. That night she wore a diaper to bed, but as soon as she woke up the next day (her 2nd birthday!!), it was time for big girl panties again. Since Day 1, she has had less than a handful of accidents.She is only wearing a diaper for nap time and bedtime . We never got to use the cute potty calendar above. She was definitely ready.
This is one proud mommy!

No comments: