Sunday, December 12, 2010

Harrison Dee Durbin

Sunday morning around 10:00am, I started having contractions. They were consistent, but were anywhere from 7 to 10 minutes apart. When they started getting closer, I decided to take a bath with Claire to see if they would stop. After no luck in the bathtub, I decided to take a shower. Harry had talked with his mom after church and asked to drop Claire off, so he could run errands. Once his parents were finished with lunch, my contractions were 5 minutes apart and had been for about 45 minutes. Harry dropped Claire off at his parents and came back home. He told me it was time to go to the hospital. I was in complete denial. The contractions were painful, but were not making me cry or absolutely killing me. I kept telling him I didn't think that we needed to go. No matter what I said, he never backed down. He packed the car and insisted that we head to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital, it was confirmed that indeed I was in labor. I was so scared. My first c section with Claire was awful. My blood pressure was high and the nurse (who car pooled with Harry during middle school...She was amazing and such a God send) called the on call doctor. When she came back to my triage room, she said we are having a baby today. I think my jaw fell to the floor. She reassured me that things would be different this time. She was so right! I had a great spinal block and the c section could not have been any better.

At 5:30pm Harrison Dee Durbin was born.
7 lbs 8 oz
20.5 inches

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay for Baby Harrison!! Can't wait to meet him!