Saturday, February 28, 2009

So Happy It's The Weekend

On Tuesday, Claire and I woke up at 5:30am to start getting ready for mommy's first day back to work. After nursing, she hung out with daddy in the bed until mommy was finished getting ready. At 7:15 we headed to Mrs. Shandy's. Claire fell asleep on the ride there, but I did get her out of her carseat once we arrived and snuggled with her for a few minutes. The tears started rolling down my face as I handed her to Shandy and began to walk out the door. The waterfall of tears continued on my way to work and for about the first hour of work. I knew it was going to be hard to go back, but never dreamed how much I would miss my little girl. Shandy sent me text messages through out the day which helped me feel better. Every day it is getting a little easier to leave her, but I will say I have never looked forward to the weekend this much before.
We have been very lazy today, but I have enjoyed every minute being with Claire. She is such a sweetheart! We hope everyone has a great weekend! Try to stay warm.

1 comment:

Cameron and Rachel said...

what a precious picture!